* Patriot Service Dogs has received a recent influx of veteran applications. While we are still accepting applications, we recommend all applicants also apply to other organizations. We have placed our dogs for 2022.
If you are a veteran interested in applying for a service dog, please review the following information to determine if you meet our eligibility requirements.
- You have served in any of the U.S. Armed Forces branches from any era and have received an honorable discharge.
- You are physically disabled.
- You have combat-related PTSD or other related problems.
- You are a disabled veteran and comply with the ada.gov.
- You are willing to have an in-home visit.
- You are willing to have an interview to learn more about the program and tell us more about you and your needs.
- You can participate and will be committed to our two-week training program and schedule.
- You are dedicated to maintaining the dog’s training throughout the dog's life and can provide for the well-being of the dog at approximately $100 per month.
- You can meet the physical and emotional needs of a dog and have an appropriate support system in place to do so if/when you are unable to yourself.
- You meet all of the ADA Service Animal Guidelines.
If you are interested in volunteering, please review the following information to determine which volunteer opportunities you would like to apply for. For more info, contact Mike Appelbaum firstname.lastname@example.org.